A few years ago it would have been necessary to install and maintain a suite of PCs with various combinations of Windows and IE. Fortunately, we can do the same without hardware using Virtual Machines.
Please navigate to http://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools to download.
At first, please select the virtual machine.
Then select the platform.
Click "Download .ZIP" button.
Extract the *.zip file, you will see the *.ova file. Use your virtual machine to import.
The most popular virtual machine hosts are:
- VirtualBox (open source — Windows, Mac, Linux)
- VMware (commercial — Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Hyper-V (free — add-on for Windows 8 and Server 2012)
- Virtual PC (free — add-on for Windows 7)
- Parallels (commercial — Mac only)
Before installing, please note:
- These virtual machines expire after 90 days. We recommend setting a snapshot when you first install the virtual machine which you can roll back to later. Mac users will need to use a tool that supports zip64, like The Unarchiver, to unzip the files.
- The password to your VM is "Passw0rd!"